Excitement

Excitement
Me and Blue Bonnie

Monday, February 8, 2010

50 miles...or there abouts.

I started my day with waking up. Ate breakfast, and then decided to go and get some applications. As I was out and about walking around downtown Oceanside, I decided this was too nice of a day to waste. I decided I would go for a bike ride. As I drove back to my house, it hit me. I needed clipless SPD shoes in order to train and ride correctly. I then got home got 80 dollars cash and proceeded to the Pearl Izumi factory outlet store in Del Mar. I was getting discourage as I was there because I couldnt find my size and I was not going to pay full price!! I looked up to the top shelf and low and behold, or should I say high and behold, there were the right sized shoes! They were priced at 74, but I talked the lady down to 50 dollars because the same model of shoe in a different size was 50. I think my dutchness is coming out now.
I proceeded home. Packed up my bicycle with all the pannier bags full, well almost full. Packing the bags probably added about 50 more pounds to my ride. Once I was all packed I headed up to San Clemente, which is about 23 miles north of Oceanside. In order to get to San Clemente you can take two different routes, either you take the 5 interstate, or you go on to Camp Pendleton. I decided to go on base. All I had to show was ID and they asked me where I was going. I reached San Clemente at around 5:30 PM after leaving at 3:30. When in San Clemente I bought a burrito, rode down to the Pier. I thought maybe I would catch the train back to Oceanside, but I was too late. So in turn I decided to head back on my bike. It is a whole lot different at night. I was getting cold so I stopped and put some base layer on. I proceeded to the base checkpoint, only this time it was different. I was not allowed on the base because it was nighttime. The gaurds reasoning for this was because it was too dangerous and the roads were too curvy. I laughed. I have a light, backlight, helmet, and reflective tires and gear on my bike. Too dangerous? So you want me to risk my life on the 5 interstate at night? Sounds pretty stupid to me. HA HA. This of course was only thought in my head. I did take the 5 interstate. 9 miles of interstate isn't as bad as you would think it would be on a bike.
I made it home in one piece, after about 50 miles. My butt and male parts were quite numb. I need to invest in either a new seat or padded underwear, or get both. After all, I would like to create offspring later in life.

Until next time.

P.S. I want to be more humorous, but it is not happening. Any suggestions? I guess I will have be more humorous when I write my book, "Lane Bikenson, Americas bicycling bicyclist".

No comments:

Post a Comment